Are you interested in seeing Lions? Leopards? Cheetahs? Maybe it is your dream
to experience the legendary Wildebeest Migration, or you want to photograph
Elephants at sunrise. Maybe your favorite animal is the Giraffe or Zebra,
or you just can’t wait to see the rare black Rhino in its natural
habitat. Maybe you are more interested in viewing different species of
birds. It may sound rather obvious, but one thing we’ve found from
our many years of experience in this industry is that different people
are all interested in different things. This of course is a simple fact
of life, and it doesn’t become a problem until these different interests
start competing with one another on a group safari.
One person might be set on photographing a Lilac Breasted Roller perched demurely on a branch in the perfect light, while another person is anxious to follow that pride of lionesses getting ready to hunt. One person might want to leave the lodge before sunrise to see animals in their more active states, while another party wants to enjoy a hearty breakfast at the lodge. The unfortunate result of trying to force different priorities into the same agenda is often disappointment by one or more parties. With a private safari, the risk of compromising your once-in-a-lifetime-trip to accommodate the once-in-a-lifetime-trip planned by somebody else is effectively eliminated.
Posh lodges or moderate hotels? Opulent permanent tented camps or real camping, luxury style? You may choose the style of accommodations based on your specific interests and budget. As we work together to design your perfect itinerary, our staff will help guide you to choose appropriate accommodations. No matter the style of accommodations or season of travel, all of our trips are adventurous, educational and safe.
Do you have a preference on what time of year you wish to travel? How many days can you spend? One of the most commonly asked questions by our first time clients is “what time of year is the best time to go on safari?” The answer to this question lies hidden in your interests, time constraints and budget - and we’ll help you find it. With our expert knowledge of the different regions and wildlife habits, we’ll also assist in guiding you to the optimum locations that will maximize your game viewing opportunities no matter what season you decide to travel.
By choosing Africa Dream Safaris, you have the luxury of setting your own agenda (with our help) and you won’t be shuffled through the rigid itineraries and fixed timetables that other companies often require you to adhere to.
The journey begins in our office with a general discussion of your travel plans and your specific interests with one of our company representatives. He or she will guide you through a customized itinerary to incorporate all of your specific interests and maximize game viewing for the season you will be traveling.
Once in Tanzania and throughout the rest of your entire journey, you will be accompanied by your expert driver-guide. Local to Tanzania yet fluent in English, your guide will be well educated about the local wildlife and culture of the areas you will be visiting. He will know all the secret spots to optimize your game viewing and help to avoid the crowds of other travelers from the packaged tour groups. Gracious and accommodating, your guide will structure the timetable of each day to fit the special activities you have chosen to incorporate.
All Africa Dream Safaris are private and personal experiences. Your safari will be shared with just you and your spouse, friends or family. Throughout your entire journey, you will be in the company of your professional guide who will be your companion, your teacher, and at your service for the duration of your safari. You will game drive, explore or relax when and where you desire. You are the boss and you make the decisions. Your days will be spent as you choose. You determine what time to leave for a game drive in the morning (do you want to leave the lodge in time to see the sunrise, or do you prefer to move at a more leisurely pace?); you determine what time you return (do you want to have lunch back at the lodge or do you prefer to maximize wildlife viewing and have a picnic lunch in the bush?) We will offer educated suggestions based on our experience, but ultimately your day is planned according to how you best see fit. At your discretion, you may incorporate full day adventure game drives, nature walks, cultural interactions, bush breakfasts and lunches or any other activities and tours that interest you.
Private Safari Advantages:
• Personalized Wildlife Viewing – You decide
which animals and corresponding habitats to seek out and how long to spend
with each sighting. You may choose to focus on the predators (lions, cheetahs
and leopards), the large herbivores (elephants, giraffes, rhinos, zebra,
and the wildebeest migration) or perhaps a mix of species. Maybe you are
interested in bird watching; if so your guide will focus on education
and sightings of the many birds that can be seen in Tanzania. If birding
is not your cup of tea, then your guide will focus more on the mammals.
The bottom line is that individual animal preferences are extremely varied
and with a private safari you get to spend the time enjoying the animal
species that interests you.
• Private Guide and Vehicle – No mixed groups, no politics, no competing for views with strangers, and no conflicting interests. You will game drive, explore, or relax at your leisure when and where you desire. Your safari includes the private use of a specially outfitted 4-wheel drive Stretched Land Rover providing for maximum flexibility, comfort and wildlife viewing. You will have complete use of this vehicle with no mileage restrictions and unlimited game drives for the duration of your safari. Your guide will have expert knowledge about each area you will be traveling, and he will be completely devoted to your party - answering all your questions and tailoring each day to maximize your interests.
• Customized Activities - You have the flexibility to do what you want, when you want, and how you want. There are numerous activities and tours to choose from. Naturally, some choices are more appealing to certain people and other choices are more appealing to others. With Africa Dream Safaris, you choose how long you stay out on game drives, how long you stay viewing each animal, when you eat, when you go out, and when you return - it is all up to you.
• Flexible Game Drives – You have the flexibility to choose the number and duration of game drives. You may game drive and wildlife view as much or as little as you wish. Some people enjoy wildlife viewing from sunrise to sunset. Others prefer a more leisurely pace with two or three shorter game-drives each day. A private safari offers the flexibility to meet each individual’s specific requirements.
• Exclusive Access - Timing is everything and knowledge is key. All day game drives are a must to access the more remote areas of the parks. A private safari affords the flexibility to fully explore secluded areas of the Serengeti, which cannot be accessed on traditional packaged tours. This feature, combined with our exclusive access to certain areas, allows for the most spectacular game viewing in several hidden gems of the Serengeti including Barafu Kopjes, Mara River, Lamai Triangle, Gol Kopjes, Hidden Valley, Wogakuria Plains, Matiti Plains, Angata Kiti and the Sametu Marsh and Kopjes.
• Flexible Departures - We understand that you demand flexibility and our goal is to provide unlimited choices to meet the requirements of your busy life. With our private safaris, you may depart on any day of your choice and for any duration of your choosing. Everything is completely flexible with your private safari and you can choose and adjust your lodges and camps, duration of trip, and safari activities, etc. with customized itineraries.
• Wildlife Viewing Maximized - We realize that one of the most important factors for a successful safari lies in the number and quality of wildlife encounters. With your private safari, you have the flexibility to conduct early morning (before sunrise) game drives to witness the predators in action and also the herbivores in more active states. Additionally, early morning and also early evening game drives allow for better photography, less vehicle concentrations, cooler conditions and, in general, more action. With your private safari, you will maximize your wildlife by including ‘bush’ meals and game driving at those times when the package tours are having their ‘buffet’ meals back at the lodge. All private safari itineraries are strategically designed on a month-by-month basis to take advantage of seasonal wildlife concentrations.
• Custom Tailored Itinerary - Every Africa Dream Safari is custom designed based upon your personal interests and requirements, as well as the season you will be traveling. Itineraries can be designed for couples, families or friends. Each trip may be customized to incorporate a focus on a specific animal, cultural experiences, or photography interests. We offer a variety of lodging combinations and options to suit your preferences including traditional safari lodges, permanent tented lodges and private mobile camps. You have the freedom and flexibility to customize your itinerary how you best see fit, but of course you are not on your own in the planning! Our expert staff is there to assist you every step of the way in planning your safari, utilizing our experience to help you optimize your itinerary based on your interests and Tanzania’s seasonal highlights. The result will be the trip of a lifetime.
Tanzania hosts some of the last untouched places left on this planet. It is a place of vast horizons and untamed wilderness; a place of breathtaking beauty and humbling majesty. You can easily lose yourself its sweeping vistas, endless blue skies, and timeless rhythms. Tranquil yet raw, primitive yet serene – there is hardly any other place like it left on earth. The sights, smells and sounds of this place are completely unique, and may be totally different from anything you’ve ever experienced before. All the stale routines or nagging worries back home will undoubtedly begin to fade to distant memory, and Africa will captivate your senses with new vibrancy. You will lose all track of time as the sun rises and sets over the African plains. You will listen without words to the deafening chorus of grunts and the pounding of hooves as thousands of migratory wildebeest and zebra thunder past your vehicle. You will get chills as you gaze into the luminous eyes of a wild lion in his natural habitat (from the safety of your vehicle of course!) The seclusion is magical and the solitude is an inspiration to the soul. Sharing the authentic richness of Africa with a spouse, friends or family can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your lifetime.
For many, an African Safari is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. Planning the fulfillment of such a dream is nothing less than an art, and should be tailored for each client to make sure the experience exceeds his or her wildest expectations. Why jeopardize the success of a once in a lifetime trip by joining a group safari with strangers? Why worry about being crammed into a vehicle competing for the best seats and views? Why compromise your interests for the agendas of others? Don’t make that mistake. Together we will work to design the perfect trip of a lifetime – just for you.